On March 29, 2018 Sean Murray tweeted that a new update to No Man’s Sky would be released during the summer. In the update Sean revealed the title of the update would be No Man’s Sky NEXT, he also added that it would be the biggest update yet – which has been in development for a year and will be free for PS4, PC, Xbox and WeGame players. Details of the update are scarse at the moment, but I’ll be adding to this article whenever new information becomes available…
When will the update be released?
- Xbox Physical in US & All Digital PS4/Steam Updates – July 24th
- Xbox Physical in some countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Australia, New Zealand) – 26th July
- Xbox Physical everywhere else – 27th July
What’s included in the update?
Few details are known about the contents of the update right now, except that it’s the biggest update yet. Various snippets of information have been revealed through the Inside Xbox interview with Sean Murray, and through the Waking Titan ARG:
- Confirmed multiplayer (as stated in the Inside Xbox interview, although the extent and mechanics are currently unknown)
- Possibly of ringed planets (teased via new box art, and through Waking Titan ARG)
- New exosuits (confirmed by pre-order bonuses)
- Multiple player models available (hinted at in Waking Titan)
- New ship(s) (suggested through Waking Titan)
Are there any teasers, screenshots or trailers?
Besides the initial announcement teaser trailer and the new game art there are not yet any screenshots or trailers of the game. Players of the Waking Titan ARG have unlocked various ‘elements’, hinting at some of the things we might see in the update: